Would you like to support community-led climate action work in North Lancashire? Are you up for a challenge?
LESS is seeking two strategic thinkers to join its board of directors from February 2022 onwards. The board’s mission is to support the organisation in developing and maturing as it navigates an exciting period of growth.
Expressions of interest can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter, curriculum vitae (CV) and details of two referees by the 31st January 2022. Please refer to the Role Description and Person Specification when writing your cover letter.
LESS is a Community Interest Company, set up in March 2007 to provide practical support to help the residents of Lancashire live more sustainably. It seeks to help communities to live within their fair share of the planet’s resources while enabling everyone to meet their needs for a healthy home, food and environment.
Over the past couple of years LESS has grown from an organisation that employs two part-time staff, to employing 10 part-time staff and 4 freelancers from April 2022.
Its current work is focused on the food system and includes:
- Hosting the coordination function of FoodFutures – North Lancashire’s award winning Sustainable Food partnership. As part of this LESS directors sit on the partnership’s heart group and various working groups. It has also piloted THRIVE – a community food magazine for North Lancashire.
- Coordinating the Northern Real Farming Conference and Lancaster’s FarmStart Scheme – The Plot. These seek to build the network of agroecological growers in the North of England and Scotland whilst supporting new entrants into sustainable farming in Lancaster District.
- Coordinating ‘Where The Wildings Are’ – a pilot with seven schools that seeks to embed outdoor education and food skills into how schools operate, whilst increasing school grounds’ biodiversity.
- LESS will soon be co-leading Closing Loops: an ambitious 5-year National Lottery Climate Action funded project that commences 1st April 2022.
About LESS’s Board of Directors
LESS’s board is currently composed of three voluntary directors. They are seeking two more directors with the aim of broadening the diversity of experience and perspectives represented on the board.
If you think this might be for you and would like to find out more, an open evening will be hosted on 25th January 2022 which will present:
- the history of LESS
- its current work
- and work planned for the next five years
To join LESS’s open evening email email@example.com
Expressions of interest can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter (two pages maximum), your curriculum vitae (CV) and details of two referees by the 31st January 2022.
Please refer to the Role Description and Person Specification when writing your cover letter.
Further information on governance for community interest companies can be found here.
And information about systems change for Third Sector organisations can be found here.