LESS is seeking two strategic thinkers to join its board of directors from November 2022 onwards. Directors will support the organisation in developing and maturing as it navigates an exciting period of growth.
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter (two pages maximum), your curriculum vitae (CV) and details of two referees by the 30th September 2022. Please refer to the Role Description and Person Specification below when writing your cover letter.
LESS is a Community Interest Company, set up in March 2007 to provide practical support to help the residents of Lancashire live more sustainably. It seeks to help communities to live within their fair share of the planet’s resources while enabling everyone to meet their needs for a healthy home, food and environment.
Over the past three years LESS has grown from an organisation that employs two part-time staff, to employing 10 part-time staff and 4 freelancers from April 2022.
Its current work includes:
- Hosting the coordination function of FoodFutures – North Lancashire’s award winning Sustainable Food partnership. As part of this LESS directors sit on the partnership’s heart group and various working groups. It has also piloted THRIVE – a community food magazine for North Lancashire- and seeks to develop a citizen journalism model around the magazine.
- Coordinating the Northern Real Farming Conference and Lancaster’s FarmStart Scheme – The Plot. These seek to build the network of agroecological growers in the North of England and Scotland whilst supporting new entrants into sustainable farming in Lancaster District.
- Coordinating ‘Where The Wildings Are’ – a pilot with seven schools that seeks to embed outdoor education and food skills into how schools operate, whilst increasing school grounds’ biodiversity.
- Co-leading Closing Loops: an ambitious five-year National Lottery Climate Action Bid that is developing a composting academy; gleaning network; a North Lancashire Menu; cook, chef and growers network; seasonal markets; THRIVE Magazine; onward granting process; regenerative enterprises and regenerative economy.
About LESS’s Board of Directors
LESS’s board is currently comprised of three external voluntary directors and two staff directors. They are seeking two more directors with the aim of welcoming in new skills and perspectives.
An open evening is planned for Tuesday 20th September 19:00 – 20:30 where you can meet some key staff and directors and learn about:
- the history of LESS
- its current work
- work planned for the next five years
LESS’s Directors have also compiled a number of resources to help interested persons decide whether this role would be of interest to them.
To join LESS’s open evening please register here.
To apply for a LESS Director role please email email@example.com with a cover letter (two pages maximum), your curriculum vitae (CV) and details of two referees by the 30th September 2022.
Please refer to the Role Description and Person Specification below when writing your cover letter.